Friday, August 17, 2012

I did it!

Yesterday I went to Tar-jay on my lunch break because Little C desperately needs some new shoes.  His current "daycare kicks" are super worn, becoming too small and man oh man do they make his precious little tootsies stink something awful!  It's still too hot for socks and sneakers right now so I tried to find him some replacement "daycare kicks."  I found some but need to return them today because he is a whole size bigger than I thought!!! 

Apparently he it reneging on a pact we made when he was a newborn.  We made a promise to each other that he was going to stay my little baby forever.  He was only a few months old and didn't actually shake on it or say much of anything really, but his silence and the look he gave me was all I needed to seal the deal!  And now?  Now he's decided to KEEP GROWING!  (sigh)

But my son's precious, growing, stinky feet were not what I was excited to tell you about today.  I wanted to let you know that I did it!  I found something I was drawn to and couldn't resist getting for our little P-Nut!  Something that made me smile and feel butterflies in my stomach.  It wasn't a cute little dress,  or a pair of teeny-tiny mary janes (although now that I think about it, I need to get some of those pronto).  It was this:



A super cute pink elephant rattle!  You get the correlation, right???  We call our little sweetie, P-Nut right now and what do elephants like to eat???  

It was the last one hanging on a hook surrounded by boy colored and themed rattles.  The only cute little purple and pink elephant just begging me to get her!  It makes me happy.

Now, about those mary janes... 

1 comment:

  1. last one on the hook?! oh my. totally meant to be. and totally cute. love it!

    ReplyDelete