Sunday, August 12, 2012

A girl can dream...

I think I've mentioned this before, I absolutely adore musicals!  I love the songs, the dancing, the characters.  Last night I had a very vivid dream that I was auditioning for the role of Maria in West Side Story!  Not only did I audition but I got the part!!! 

Me.  Maria!  It was probably one of the best dreams I've ever had!  Not only because West Side Story is my all time favorite musical, but also because I can't carry a tune to save my life.  I always wished I could sing, and Lord knows I've tried, but it's just not my strong suit.  I can dance with the best of 'em but ask me to sing and your ears might start bleeding!

I had the privilege of being in my high school's rendition of my fav musical and that was probably as close as I'll ever get.  I wasn't Maria but I was in the chorus and had some time in the spotlight on the dance numbers. 

I'll always have high school and I'll always have my dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment