Monday, August 20, 2012

Are you ready for some football?

Summer is nice and all, but what I really love is the fall!  The weather is perfect, the colors are gorgeous and it is the start of... FOOTBALL SEASON!!!  I love football!  Being born and raised in Colorado I'm a dedicated Broncos fan.  Game days at home consist of team colors or jerseys, a cleared schedule so there is nothing else to do but watch the game, and strategic planning for game time eats.

#18 Peyton Manning
This season is going to be extra special because Peyton Manning is our starting quarterback!  I have to admit I haven't always been his #1 fan but you can't deny his talent and leadership so I am putting my differences aside and welcoming Mr. Manning with open arms. 

So, you know how I constantly rarely complain about my boss?  Well there are times when working where I do does come with some perks.  For example,  the Big Cheese gets season tickets to the Broncos every year and the seats are 9 rows up from the north end zone!!  Guys, 9 ROWS UP!!  That is pretty awesome.  The only thing cooler than that is the fact that the Big Cheese isn't a Broncos fan and lets each of his staff select a game that they would like to attend.  Whoop!

As if that wasn't enough...  Things worked out this year where I was given two pre-season tickets to Saturday night's game AND we still get to go to a regular season game!  Whoop, whoop!

You may be asking yourself, "what could possibly be better than that?!?!"  Well allow me to tell you...  the only thing better than going to a Broncos game is going with one of your dearest girlfriends that loves football as much as you do!  Hubs of course is my ultimate football date as you can see here:

Last year, Broncos vs. Bears.  The best game I've ever been to! 
4th quarter comeback and an overtime win!  It was too much!

Hubby had plans Saturday night so my second favorite football date is my wonderful friend A.  We had the best time not only watching the game but catching up and laughing the night away.  The Broncos didn't fare so well that night but we had a great time none-the-less.  Some highlights:

(insert joke about Tight Ends)

P. Mann in action

Broncos Touchdown!!!

Oh, A!  How do I love thee...

Perfect night. 

It was a great weekend and I can't wait to go to another game with one of my favorite ladies on the planet!  Plus, I probably won't be pregnant the next time we go and I will have some tailgate catching up to do! ;)

Are you a football fan?  Who's your favorite team?

No comments:

Post a Comment