Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pork Chops with a White Wine, Mushroom and Tomato Sauce

My motto for weeknight cooking is as follows: "if it's delicious and easy, I'm making it!"  This recipe is just that.  I used thin cut pork loin chops because they cook very quickly and they leave us with left-overs.  I paired our main dish with roasted broccoli and couscous.  Enjoy!

Here's what you need:

Thin-cut pork chops, 2-3 minced garlic cloves, 2 tbl minced parsley, 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms, pint of grape tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, Pinot Grigio.  The items you will need that I completely forgot to add to the picture but are extremely crucial: Montreal Seasoning, dried thyme and chicken broth.  

Preparation:


Rub steak seasoning and thyme over pork.


Heat 2 tbls of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook the chops until there is a nice crust on each side and they are cooked through.  Remove from the skillet and set aside.


Add a touch more oil if necessary and throw in the garlic.  Saute until just fragrant.
Add in the mushrooms and a tbl of butter.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Saute the mushrooms until all of the moisture is reduced.


Add in the tomatoes and 3/4 cup of wine.  Turn the heat up to high and let the sauce reduce by half then add in 1/2 cup of chicken stock.

Continue to let the sauce reduce and thicken up a bit.


Add the parsley.  BTW - How pretty is that green color against the reds and golden browns?!?  It makes me smile. :)  Stir the sauce then add salt and pepper to taste.  I also added a few squirts of lemon juice since I was using a lemon for the roasted broccoli.  It was a nice bright ending to the sauce. 
If you want more of a "brothy" sauce then you are done, my friends.  Plate up and dig in!  If you want the sauce to be thick and more "gravy-esque," you can create a slurry with some corn starch and water.  Whisk it in stirring constantly for about 1 minute or so.  

And there you have it!  An easy weeknight meal that won't disappoint.  If you have any of that Pinot Grigio left over, because you weren't drinking some while you were cooking like I was, it goes very nicely with this recipe.  

I'm hungry...






1 comment:

  1. Seems easy enough! I actually have some pork chops and was looking for a new recipe!

    ReplyDelete