Friday, May 4, 2012

Perspective and Prayer

Yesterday I droned on about how I feel bad about myself and that I want to change myself so that I can feel better.  That's a whole lot of "me, me, me."  Although I know taking care of myself and sharing with you my personal struggles is of some significance, I can't help but feel embarrassed and selfish when I know people out there are dealing with bigger struggles than self-worth. 

One of the very first blogs I started following is called Hormonal Imbalances.  Diana is a wonderful writer and she has shared the struggles with her husband's alcoholism, life as an army wife and mother, etc.  Recently Diana was sharing the excitement of being pregnant with identical twin boys.  She was 18 1/2 weeks along and she started having complications.  Yesterday, her boys, Julian and Preston were born and are now walking with God.

Diana's post is beautiful and painful to read.  My heart hurts for her.  Today I will not be consumed with me, I will not care about my insecurities.  Life is too short and too precious to waste feeling sorry for myself. 

Today I will be thankful for my life...  I will hold my husband and Baby Boy tight... I will pray for all those that have suffered a loss and I will especially pray for Diana and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment