Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back to the grind (whah, whah, WHAH)

How many days until the 4th of July???  I think that's our next day off.  It can't come soon enough!  I loooove long weekends.  Don't you?  It's a chance to do fun activities, catch up with family and friends, or to do absolutely nothing and get some much needed "R&R."  My weekend run-down was as follows:
  1. Chores (can't be avoided)
  2. Baby Boy's first swimming pool experience (priceless)
  3. BBQ with family after pool
  4. 6th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday (baby at the grandparents all night + romantic sushi dinner = perfection)
  5. Breakfast out at one of our fav restaurants
  6. Walk to the Town Center by our house to try the new frozen yogurt place
  7. Baby Boy played in the water fountain thingy at the Town Center (Hubby and I argued discussed how long to let him play once he began shivering.  I won the "big mean mommy" award on that one!)
  8. Put Baby Boy to bed super early because he had about had it for the weekend and we ordered in Italian (yes, we ate out for breakfast, lunch AND dinner!  And yes, I AM considering frozen yogurt my lunch.  It was an exceptionally lazy day.  Don't judge)
And now it's back to the grind.  Time to put the pedal to the metal.  The 'ole nose to the grind stone.  Back in the saddle again.  (sigh)  My motivation meter is at about zero.  I've decided to ease into my day and I am positive I will be firing on all cylinders soon enough.  I'll be in it to win it.  Going for the gold.  Shooting for the stars.  Kicking butt and taking names.  You get the idea!

At least it's a short week.  Hallelujah!  I hope it's a good one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment