Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How many weeks 'til Thanksgiving?

It is soooo hard to get back to reality after a lovely three-day weekend!  Even my PAC (pregnancy allotted coffee) isn't providing the boost I need to get going this morning.  Labor Day weekend is such a bonus and a bummer all at the same time! 

The reason Labor Day exists in the first place = BONUS

The end to summer = BUMMER

A three-day weekend and shortened work week on the other side = BONUS

Ok, so maybe I'm just being a tad melodramatic.  Other than the end of summer there really isn't much else bummer-ish about Labor Day weekend.  I think I'm just bummed that it went so fast and our next official day off isn't until Thanksgiving. (sigh)

We did have a great weekend!  And it went a little something like this:

Saturday:
  • Morning trip to the Zoo
  • Afternoon football watching of the biggest college rivalry in Colorado, CU vs. CSU.  As a CSU alum I was thrilled by the outcome and it was a great game to watch!
  • Hubby made his world-famous green chili.  It is perfection.  Period.
Sunday:
  • High school cheerleader reunion at a park with all of our kids.  I can't even express how much fun it was to see some old friends and to meet their adorable kiddos!  I met all of these girls for the first time as a freshman in high school so we were all about 14 years old... we are all about 31 now... you do the math.  That's a long time!  I'm glad we've managed to stay somewhat in touch through the wonders of Facebook and I hope we can connect again soon!
  • Brief visit with my folks so they could get their Little C fix.
  • Chores (boo!)
  • Dinner a la Kendra = Chicken w/ a white wine, mushroom and tomato sauce
Monday:
  • Ventured over to our favorite park in Denver, Washington Park, for some fun in the sun.  Hubby, Little C and I relaxed under a shade tree, ran around the park, played on the playground, ate breakfast burritos and C had "eggies" as he calls them. :)
Fun, relaxing, and overall very enjoyable!  I hope you had a great weekend too.  What did you do?  Good luck getting back to the grind. 

Coffee mugs up... Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment