The reason Labor Day exists in the first place = BONUS
The end to summer = BUMMER
A three-day weekend and shortened work week on the other side = BONUS
Ok, so maybe I'm just being a tad melodramatic. Other than the end of summer there really isn't much else bummer-ish about Labor Day weekend. I think I'm just bummed that it went so fast and our next official day off isn't until Thanksgiving. (sigh)
We did have a great weekend! And it went a little something like this:
- Morning trip to the Zoo
- Afternoon football watching of the biggest college rivalry in Colorado, CU vs. CSU. As a CSU alum I was thrilled by the outcome and it was a great game to watch!
- Hubby made his world-famous green chili. It is perfection. Period.
- High school cheerleader reunion at a park with all of our kids. I can't even express how much fun it was to see some old friends and to meet their adorable kiddos! I met all of these girls for the first time as a freshman in high school so we were all about 14 years old... we are all about 31 now... you do the math. That's a long time! I'm glad we've managed to stay somewhat in touch through the wonders of Facebook and I hope we can connect again soon!
- Brief visit with my folks so they could get their Little C fix.
- Chores (boo!)
- Dinner a la Kendra = Chicken w/ a white wine, mushroom and tomato sauce
- Ventured over to our favorite park in Denver, Washington Park, for some fun in the sun. Hubby, Little C and I relaxed under a shade tree, ran around the park, played on the playground, ate breakfast burritos and C had "eggies" as he calls them. :)
Coffee mugs up... Cheers!