Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The shirt off my back

No, really...  Get this shirt off my back!  Do you ever have those days where the outfit you chose isn't cutting it?  It could be an outfit that is only in your rotation as a last resort.  Or maybe you forgot to get your suit ready the night before so this morning you were scrambling around to pull something together.  Maybe your outfit is ill-fitting, or just doesn't sit right on your body but it looks good enough to get by.  Maybe the shoes are all wrong.  Your underwear line is visible through your pants.  It's hotter than Hades and you had to wear a white tank under your white button down because you have giant boobs and if you don't, you get that little gaping window right at your bra and for whatever reason the tank underneath ensures there is no peep show at work. 

Or maybe your name is Kendra and ALL OF THE ABOVE apply!!!  I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that I have to wear suits to work Monday - Friday.  The Big Cheese doesn't believe in casual Fridays and feels that our image as a company is paramount.  I get it, I really do.  For our line of work it makes sense but for a pregnant woman, it can be a challenge.

I'm still getting away with the bella band and wearing my regular suit pants but I know those days are numbered.  My suit jackets are fine as I never really button them even when I'm not pregnant.  But my shirts are starting to become the problem.  Case in point... today's shirt.  Just last week it was a non-issue.  The shirt still fit and I was comfortable.  As for today... not so much!  Let's examine, shall we.

Upon first glance things appear quite normal.  It is a pretty sharp suit and the shirt seems fine.


But upon further inspection... oh dear.  Those bottom buttons are hanging on for dear life! 

Aside from the shirt I've got my tank tucked into my pants which are unbuttoned and practically unzipped the entire way with the bella band secured around it all.  However, every time I go to sit down my pants come out from under the band, the tank bunches, and things become a jumbled up mess back there!  Oi.  I can't wait to get out of this suit!

Do you ever have these days, pregnant or not???  

2 comments:

  1. I completely feel ya. I have always had big boobs (I don't mind admitting, believe me, it's no secret), and thus know that little gap well. I try to avoid button-downs if at all humanly possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to start avoiding them for sure!! :)

      Delete