Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up

I had a great and busy weekend!  It was also one of those weekends that made me thankful for having so much family nearby.  We had to enlist my mother-in-law to watch Little C overnight on Friday because I had to work at a tennis tournament my company is sponsoring and Hubby had a rare night out for some fun with his bro. 
Little C's first haircut at 9 months old sitting so still!



Saturday after picking Little C up from Grammy's we were off to get the guys haircuts.  This is C's third haircut to date and he does such a good job!  He sits still for the most part and even the clippers don't scare him.  This time the dryer did make him nervous and he cowered into mamas arms.  I of course found this endearing and loved "protecting" him from the big, bad hair dryer! 





We rounded out Saturday with a party for my Grandma's 75th birthday.  The entire side of my Dad's family gathered at my Uncle's house for a lovely evening of eating, drinking, laughing, reminiscing, and baby holding.  Little C has two baby girl twin cousins.  You guys, they are the cutest little 5 month olds EVER!!  Plus my Uncle who's house we gathered at is a wonderful cook.  He made a delicious grilled salmon salad and bruschetta with fresh heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella.  It was to die for!  My Grandma had a wonderful birthday and she enjoyed having all of her family there to celebrate with her.


The only bummer about the birthday party was the giant pitcher filled with margarita's that I couldn't drink!  When I was pregnant with Little C people would always ask, "do you have any cravings?"  Although I did crave apples (I ate at least one a day and some times more) and sweets, the one thing I always wanted to tell people was... MARGARITAS!! 

Not a marg but a tequilla shot for my 29th birthday.  It was the last year of my twenties... had to live it up! ;)

That was the main craving I had during my last pregnancy and so far this time is no different.  I'm not going to lie, the no drinking during pregnancy can be hard at times.  Some days you just want to unwind with a nice cold beer on a hot day.  A glass, or two, of red wine chatting with a girlfriend.  Dinner out at your favorite Mexican restaurant to enjoy tequilla shots margaritas.   It is such a social part of our lives and most of the time it doesn't bother me at all and to be honest I don't think about it.  But then there are those days were you just need to unwind or you are in a social situation where everyone around you is enjoying the libations and you would kill to enjoy them too.  But alas, just one more sacrifice that I happily make as a mother for the benefit of my baby.

Little C then went home with my parents from Grandma's party for yet another overnight stay because I had to be back at the tennis tournament on Sunday morning and Hubby had golf with this dad and bro for bro's bday.  My little family of 3 (well I guess we are technically a family of 4 now... crazy!) reunited on Sunday afternoon for chores that we didn't get to all weekend, a walk around the neighborhood, dinner, and plenty of reading car books and sharing tickle induced laughter before bed.

It was a lovely weekend and Hubby and I are so thankful for family that can help us when we need and also family that we have the privilege of spending time with.  I was starting to feel bad that Little C was going to spend two nights in a row away from home but then my mom texted me this photo of him out to breakfast and clearly I had nothing to worry about!


How was your weekend?  I hope you have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment