Monday, December 31, 2012

The waiting game

T-minus ten days 'til my due date! I am so very tired. I have not been sleeping well for some time now and it keeps getting worse. My mom says it's "Mother Nature's way" of getting me ready for life with a newborn. I say Mother Nature can shove it! I need my sleep!

There's nothing like your first pregnancy awaiting the arrival of your baby. Butterflies abound as you anxiously await labor. You've heard everyone share their story up to that point, the good, the bad and the ugly and you're left wondering how your story will go. You have no idea what to expect and that is a double-edged sword.

On one hand it is very helpful not knowing what to expect, you know... blissfully unaware. On the other hand, it is torture just waiting and wondering, "is this it?"

But this time I have to say it is almost worse!! This time I know what to expect, relatively speaking, but there are still many unknown variables that are driving me crazy. This time the double-edged sword is a doozy! I know that it will be intense, I know that it will be hard work, I know that it will be painful. Hey, it's called "labor" for a reason! This will be no walk in the park. But the silver-lining on this side of the sword is that I've survived! I've "been there, done that" and I know I can do it again. It is amazing what our bodies, and minds, are capable of accomplishing and I'm ready to let this baby do her thing.

Although knowing I can handle it definitely helps my confidence, I still have a great deal of butterflies and anxiousness awaiting P-Nut's arrival. When will it happen? How will it play out this time? Will it be faster than Little C? Will there be any complications? So many unknowns and if you've been reading my posts for a while you know that "rolling with the punches" is something I actually have to work at as it doesn't come naturally for me.

Luckily when it comes to labor I have no choice. I must succumb to the fact that rolling with the punches is the only way. I also need to not let my sleep deprivation take me into Negative Nellie land and stay positive and relaxed.

I'm going to kick this labor's arse no matter when it comes for me and I'm going to have a beautiful baby girl in my arms in no time!! Ready when you are P-Nut! But of course if you want to just hurry up already and get things started right this second, that would be fine too. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment