Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Monday!

I say that without a single shred of sarcasm. Because today, after the events from Friday, it doesn't seem right to complain about anything.

I definitely had a lump in my throat as I dropped Little C off at daycare this morning but we have to carry on.

As I entered daycare I was also told that our center is closing its doors as of January 18th and we will need to find a new place to take Little C. New center, new teachers, new kids, coming at a major transition time in C's life where we will be welcoming a baby sister AND introducing potty training...  Plus we need to find a center that has room for our baby girl in a few months!

Now normally this would have me very stressed out. But today I told myself, "oh well." We'll figure it out.

Any stress or complaint that I may be feeling today pales in comparison to what people in Connecticut are dealing with. I'll take my "problems" any day.

We did manage to have a good weekend complete with a visit to Santa and major headway with P-Nut's nursery! Almost time to share the "after" photos with you!

As for our trip to see Santa, it was great! There were two standout moments... 1) on the car ride to see Santa, Hubs asked Little C what he was going to ask Santa for? C replied, "something to eat!" We were in stitches!  2) After meeting Santa, siting on his lap, and taking the picture, dear old Santa placed C down and our son reached his little arms back up in the air because he wasn't ready to go.

It was too cute. The picture taken by the pro's turned out great and this outing was one more reminder that I HAVE to get a new camera. Here is all I was able to capture:



Waiting patiently for our turn.


Thanks for the candy cane, Santa!


I wish I new what Little C said here. Santa seems shocked!


Feeling very blessed to have these precious moments. I hope you had some of your own this weekend.

My thoughts and prayers are still with Newtown and Sandy Hook Elementary and will be for some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment