Friday, March 16, 2012

Mawwage...

Remember that quote from the Princess Bride?

The Impressive Clergyman: Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam... And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...

"That dweam wifin a dweam..."  Let's face it, some days it can feel anything but.  {gasp}  That's right, I said it.  It is not going to do me a lick of good to be the type of blogger that sugar coats my life.  I don't want to create a "dreamy existence" through the space I have here.  Too many people do that in the seemingly safe world of blogging.  They only project the shiny happy aspects of their lives because they want to believe so badly that is how their lives really are or they want YOU to believe that is how their lives really are.  Besides, it's the bloggers that are as honest and open about everyday things that I connect with and admire the most.  And don't even get me started on Facebook!!!!  {deep breath}  I digress...

I have a good marriage.  I have a wonderful, amazing husband and as I type this I am very cognisant of his feelings and I respect him immensely.  I am sharing this because I hope someone out there can relate.  I hope someone out there also loves their husband as much as I do and goes through the same struggles to keep that love as strong as it has always been.

It is top of mind right now as I am being faced with things that I need to work on.  I haven't been doing a great job in the marriage world lately.  I rock at Mom, most of the time.  I am awesome at my job, most of the time.  But when it comes to my marriage as of today, I know I need to work on some things.  Such as addressing his needs from our relationship as much as I focus on the things that I need.  I need to be better at communicating in a constructive way instead of yelling.  There are more, believe me! Those are just a couple biggies. 

Before being a mom, before my career, before my passion for cooking and anything else in my life... Before all of it is my life with my husband.  2012 will mark fourteen years of being together and six years of marriage.  He is all of the cliches and then some... my best friend, my partner in crime, the love of my life.  He drives me absolutely mad but I can't imagine my life without him.  He makes me laugh harder than anyone else I know.  He knows me better than anyone else I know.  He... completes... me.  HA!!!  Couldn't resist!

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you that although we do have a "dreamy existence" most of the time we are also human and we work at our marriage.  Some days we win and some days we lose but the point is that we are working on it together.  We will always work on it together.  After all, "wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva..."   

No comments:

Post a Comment