Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

At the risk of being totally cliche and unoriginal this time of year I'm going to share with you what I am thankful for. I know everyone will be doing it and yes, if they jumped off of the Brooklyn bridge I probably would too.

I'm also sharing a day early because tomorrow will be filled with homemade breakfast of some sort hopefully involving copious amounts of syrup, snuggle time with Little C and the Hubs, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a walk in the wonderful Colorado weather, rest during a toddler nap, then off to the Father-in-law's for the big feast!!!

My maternity pants shall know no bounds this weekend! ;)

So here it is. What I am thankful for...

My life - I'm alive and breathing. Life is fragile and precious and every day that I am here to live it is another great day.

My husband - My favorite person in the whole world. My partner. My friend. My love.

Little C - :: tearing up::   It's hard to even get the words out... I'm so incredibly thankful for my son. He is the gift of all gifts. The light of my life and makes my heart swell with happiness. I love him. so. very. much.

Baby girl P-Nut - I'm thankful for her health and progression so far. I'm grateful for some important lessons she has already taught me and I hope she knows how much I love her already.

My parents - They are solid... In their love for each other, and for their family. I am thankful for their unconditional love and their undying generosity.

My brother - I'm thankful he is mine. I'm so proud of him and I love him to pieces. He is a caring, sweet guy with a smile that lights up the room.

My in-laws - "In-laws" is waaaay too formal for this crew. They are my family too. I'm thankful for their acceptance and graciousness and I'm thankful for their love and support.

My Sis-in-law - I'm thankful for our relationship. We are each other's sister we never had. I'm thankful for so many fond memories of good times and laughs and I'm thankful that there are still so many to come.

My Bro-in-law - I'm thankful for the relationship he has with my husband. I'm thankful for the generosity and kindness he's shared over the years. Most of all, I'm thankful for the relationship he has with Little C. It is very special indeed.

My furr babies - Lately, I haven't been the best at being thankful for them and I need to do a better job. They were our first family and I am thankful for the memories and the journey they've traveled with us. Buster, Stanley, Dalyla and Oscar... "We're the strangest herd I've ever seen!"

My family - From the great-grandparents down to the youngest baby cousins, my family is a gift.

My job - Yes, it pays the bills and I am beyond thankful for that. But I truly do love what I do and I am thankful for my boss' generosity and flexibility as well as my other co-workers. We all work hard toward the same goal and it is nice to be a part of a team like that. I am also extremely thankful for the clients I have the privilege to work with everyday.

My friends - I'm thankful for sharing so many good times with them and for their friendship when it's really needed. I'm sorry when life gets in the way and there is space between us, but I'm thankful that the true friends don't seem to mind.

I have a rich life indeed. Not because of the material things but because of the people (and pets) that are so special to me. Of course I am thankful for a roof over my head, clothes on my body, and food in my belly, but above all...

I'm thankful for love in my heart and the gift of family and friends to share it with.

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment