Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Can I take a moment to vent?

No, not about politics. Although I am glad the hub-bub is over. I'm also glad that we have the freedom to vote and even the freedom to disagree. I don't care for gloating OR raging over the outcome. It's done and it's time to move on and continue to make each day better regardless of our views.

Tolerance goes a very long way...

What I really want to vent about is pregnancy!!! I try very hard not to complain too much. {quiet Hubs, I hear you scoffing!} Ok, so maybe I complain a little, but I feel like I have good reasons.

**Before I get into the reasons can I please sound like a broken record once again and say how grateful I am for being pregnant. I never want to come across as oblivious to the fact that having a healthy full-term pregnancy is nothing short of a miracle. I am blessed to be able to have something to complain about! I know there are women out there that would kill to experience any blip of a pregnancy ailment because it would mean there is a life growing inside of them. I don't want my venting to come across as insensitive, it is just something I need to do. Don't hate me. 

I want to vent about how hard this second pregnancy has been! This little P-Nut has been kicking my ever-growing ass!

My hormones take me from happy and euphoric to crying and demonic within seconds. I can't control them and I don't feel like myself. That is very hard and frustrating. It can make me feel so very low when I can't get a grip. I'm not going to lie... I'm nervous for postpartum when it comes to this fact. But I've been talking with my doctor and my therapist so at least it will be top of mind when the time comes.

The other thing I want to get off my chest is... well... MY CHEST!!! **TMI alert! If you don't want to know, now is a good time to stop reading** I have the biggest boobs!! No wonder my back is killing me. I have to lug around two bowling balls in addition to a growing baby. I swear each boob is as big as my head!

I know it comes with the territory but my goodness, this is a whole new level. I'm shaking in my booties for when the milk comes in! Oh, and do you know what I really can't stand?!? When people say, "your boobs are huge!" REALLY?!?!? They are??? You mean, your boobs don't flap up and hit you under the chin when you go up and down stairs? No? Just me? Brilliant.

I try in vain to contain them but they are becoming harder and harder to deal with. My big bras that I wore postpartum with Little C are fitting me snugly now. I try desperately at work to keep these suckers under wraps and it usually involves layering a tank under my clothes which makes me sweat and feel like a pork sausage wrapped in casing.

Last but certainly not least is my sciatic nerve. It is a huge pain in my ass and it hurts to sit, walk, drive, stand, sleep, and I swear I hear my ass laughing directly at me each time I attempt to pick Little C up!

So there you have it. I'm a hormonal mess with head-boobs and an aching ass. Puuuurdy, ain't it?

I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and I know it will be the longest, and at the same time, the shortest 9 weeks of my life. But at least there is an end in sight. I'm am so ready to move on to the next stage. Or at least I say that now... I'm sure once I'm juggling a newborn and a toddler I may wish to have this day back where I sit 31 weeks preggo. But for now I just needed to vent. 

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment