Thursday, November 29, 2012

D Day

I know I've been M.I.A. lately. Have you been worried or missing me?

:: crickets ::

Hello???

Well, I'll share my story anyway!

Tuesday of this week was D Day for me. And by "D Day" I mean "death day." The flu-stomach-bug-nasty-virus-thing struck down on me and I was hating life. My body was ridding itself of everything and I could not even keep a sip of water down. I ached all over and couldn't get comfortable and the pain in my abdomen was no fun at all.

The scariest part was that I started having contractions and P-Nut was barely moving. She is a mover and a shaker and I can literally time almost down to the second when to anticipate her movement. The contractions of course had me concerned about pre-term labor and because my abdomen was hurting so bad I was confused whether I was experiencing labor pains or if it was purely the stomach bug.

Thankfully, my OB/GYN was able to see me that morning and after a thorough evaluation there were no signs of pre-term labor and little P-Nut was doing just fine. The contractions were due to my dehydration. The doctor said she wasn't concerned if I wasn't able to eat for the time being, the main concern was keeping me hydrated.

I was given a window of time that if I didn't start showing improvement I'd have to go to the hospital for an IV. Since we have gone through so much of this with Little C, I knew that the best chance I had of relief was to get some sleep and let my body "shut down." That's just what I did and by late afternoon although I wasn't better, I was at least able to replenish some fluids.

Yesterday I was still having stomach pain and was incredibly exhausted. But, I had to go into work because we have a client event tonight and I had to finalize some details for. The rest of the day was spent resting.

Today, I'm back at work trying my best to seem energized and motivated when I'm still not 100%. It's going to be a long day and night.

Our client event is a wine tasting with a three-course dinner. Food and wine. Two things that sound completely unappealing to me at the moment as well as schmoozing with people when I so desperately want to be in bed.

Although, even if I didn't have the client event I couldn't just be home and in bed because we have a toddler and life doesn't stand still when you're a parent. Plus, Hubs has been awesome the past couple of days and I wish I could be relieving him of some of the stress.  He knows as well as I do that it is all part of the "game" and if the roles were reversed I'd be taking care of things like he is. I just feel bad.

Oh, and did I mention that I also have a client event all day Saturday? Or how about that Little C had diarrhea last night, and two diaper changes before 7am this morning?!?!? So, either he's caught my bug or his tummy issues are acting up. We are crossing our fingers for neither hoping it was something he ate.  We HAD to shove him into daycare this morning because of our work situations and I'm feeling completely guilty about it and keep waiting for my phone to ring telling us we need to pick him up.

ARGH! Here's hoping I start feeling back to normal ASAP, Hubs gets a much needed breather ASAP, and Little C stops pooping up a storm ASAP!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment