Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mama and Baby Update - Month 7



I swear from month 6 to month 7 we have a whole new baby! She is rolling over like a champ, she is pincer-grabbing the crap out of finger foods, she is lunging forward when on the floor to reach for a toy and if she still can't reach it she starts inching her way closer to the object. Not really crawling just some how, some way, she gets where she wants to go!

Oh, and remember how I always said how quiet she is? Well, lemme just tell you... those days are long gone! Baby Sis has found her voice and it is LOUD and incredibly high-pitched. She is now screeching frequently and there is nothing dainty and soft about it!

She holds onto the handles of a sippy cup and knows to tilt her head back to take a sip. She isn't too proficient with getting the liquid out, but she's not too far out. We currently just give her water in the cup or even formula.

Miss P-Nut definitely likes her food and is still thriving with the Baby Led Weaning. We have to modify it a bit because she is spoon-fed at daycare and there are some evenings when spoon-feeding her at home just makes sense and is easy. But she does get a great deal of finger foods and seems to enjoy it!


I've told you before how much Little C loves his Sis but now we are seeing how much Baby Sis loves her Big Bro. I can't wait for them to be able to play more!



Mama Update:
I have stopped pumping. 

::hops up and clicks heels::

 I no longer lug my Pump-In-Style with me to work and I no longer pump before bed. My work situation does not allow me to pump more than once a day and because of this fact my supply has steadily decreased and I haven't been able to get it back up. And honestly? I haven't gone too crazy trying to get it back. 

I found the pumping to be more of a stress than anything and I would feel so deflated when I'd get 2-3 ounces total. I currently nurse P-Nut first thing in the morning before daycare, and once in the evening when I get home. Some days she needs me to nurse her twice in the evenings but not always. On the weekends I nurse her whenever I can and I do pump on some occasions on the weekend just to keep me producing a bit.

I do not feel I am providing her with sufficient milk to count as a full feeding. I simply provide her milk to tide her over in between bottles or solids, or as a comfort when she is upset. I still have milk to give so I plan to keep providing it for her this way until I no longer can.

She seems happy with this arrangement and I can't tell you how much I love it too. I've taken the stress of pumping away and there has been a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders!

The unfortunate side-effect from this recent change is ::a'hem:: menstruation. BOO! It was a good 15 month run without but it is officially back and with it, all the bloating, cramping and hormones galore. Joy of joys. 

Oh, and one more thing. I'm STILL loosing hair by the hand fulls! I don't remember this postpartum side-effect lasting this long with Little C. Does anyone remember how long it lasts? This is getting old!

Overall, we are all happy and healthy and Little Miss P keeps right on doing her cute little thang! 


2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I feel like my hair falling out is coming to a halt. Or I am just getting used to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it isn't that big of a deal, but it just drives me Cuh-RAZY!!

      Delete