Friday, March 29, 2013

This time last year...

At this time last year I was planning Little C's 1st birthday.

 

:: aaaand, que typical cliches now ::

I can't believe my baby is going to be 2, how fast time has gone!


Wasn't he just born yesterday?!?! Didn't I just put my hands on my large pregnant belly, look over at Hubs and say, "I think this is it." I swear I blinked and my newborn son became a walking, talking toddler!



What a joyful two years it has been! Little C is such a gift and I couldn't be more proud and in love with my son.

Don't you ever just watch your kid in amazement. Wondering how did this happen? How did I get so lucky to be this kid's mom? How is it possible for him to be any more perfect?!?

Becoming this boy's mother has been such a blessing, and we've had so much fun along the way. His laugh is infectious, his smile melts my heart and the things he says... Where does he get this stuff?!?! :)

:: aaaand, scene. ::

I am beyond excited to celebrate Little C's 2nd birthday with our loved ones. This year his birthday falls on Easter so it will be an extra special day for him. An Easter basket, Easter egg hunt AND birthday gifts? Spoils abound!

This time last year I was pulling together two separate parties (I have a very large extended family) and I was a Pinteresting fool trying to get the theme just right, and have everything be as perfect and pulled together as possible.

This year? There are no printables, no goodie bags, no custom thank you cards, or anything of the like. The boy likes jungle/zoo animals, theme done.  There will be modest decorations,  he's getting one party and we are serving a simple Easter brunch.

This year, less is more. He's only 2 and all of his favorite people will be here to celebrate and I'm incorporating all of his favorite foods so I'm sure he will be thrilled indeed and never know (or care for that matter) that mommy didn't Pintrest the shit out of his special day. Also... newborn.

At first this was not so easy for me. I LOVE to entertain and would love to be able to pull off a party similar to last year. Not as big, but still full of details large and small to bring it all together. I love that sort of thing but it is also very time consuming.

So I've let myself off the hook and instead of feeling guilty for not throwing C a super fancy schmancy, matchy-matchy, party, I've decided to not care. My son will know he is loved on his special day and he doesn't need a ton of over-the-top crap to express that.

I can't wait to share pictures of the party. As well as pics of the gift Hubs and I arranged for C. It will take place on Monday and all I'm going to say is that it may or may not involve this guy...

 
 
I am giddy with excitement for this weekend and now I'm off to tackle chores, and knock off all the items on my to-do list to get ready for the party. Wish me luck!
 
And for some fun blasts from the past:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment