Monday, March 11, 2013

The things that keep me up at night...

  1. I only have three weeks left of maternity leave. As much as I enjoy working where I do, it just doesn't feel like enough time with my new baby and Little C.
  2. We don't have care lined up for P-Nut. This one is a biggie!! The daycare where C goes told us they had an opening but turns out they do not! We are scrambling to find a place where she can go that is convenient and affordable. No big deal. (sarcasm implied)
  3. I don't have a large supply of breast milk saved up. I need to start stock piling ASAP!
  4. The time has come to start potty training C. Isn't there a camp or some place we can send him for a week and when he returns it is all done for us??? JUST KIDDING... kind of.
  5. I have a bunch of kale in the fridge because you know... everybody's doing it. Problem is, I don't know how to prepare it. I do think I've found a recipe thanks to a gal I follow on Twitter so don't worry, I'll be okay!

Instead of stressing too much I'm going take a deep breath and just roll with it. Everything listed above isn't life or death and it is all stuff I can handle.

I intend to make the most of my last stretch of maternity leave and attempt to savor my time. Daycare will work out, things like that always do. Potty training is unavoidable and it is time to just bite the bullet and get on with it (assuming C is ready himself). And that kale will be in mah belly in no time! I sure hope it's good. ;)

Are you stressing about anything major? How do you manage the stress?

4 comments:

  1. These things would stress me out as well, but I love your attitude, as always.

    We're having our own daycare issues, as Munch's teacher has been moved to a new room and I don't much care for the woman he now has.

    Munch is getting to the point of needing to be potty trained as well, and I too am terrified! How does it get done!? Especially when he's at daycare all day?!?! But you're right, it'll happen.

    The end of maternity leave was among the worst times of my life! When I returned to work, my main contract had left the company, so my entire workload shifted, so it was like transitioning back to something totally new. I entered therapy actually after a couple months because I just wasn't getting "over it." (Of course, therapy is the best thing for me, and I WISH I'd have found my counselor years ago!)

    As far as your milk, fear not. I worried about that as well and my ped said if I could get up and pump one side each morning for the last couple weeks of leave, there would be a good stock and I'd supply the rest each day.

    Sorry for the treatise! Let me know how the kale turns out--I've tried kale chips a couple times and ended up mega gagging! I just don't bake them right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, I love your treatise! Feel free to leave one any time. ;)

      Bummer about Munch's teacher. There is one in C's room I don't really care for either. I think you saw my tweet about his missing diaper... not ok.

      I'm a big supporter of therapy when needed. I had to take some time off while on maternity leave due to a reduced income but I'm sure I'll resume once I get back to work.

      I will def let you know about the kale. I'm interested to see what all the fuss is about!

      Delete
  2. Please let me know if you find the potty training camp. I want to send Paul there who will be THREE next month because I am so dreading this milestone! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreading for sure! Which seems weird because you'd think we would be anxious to get out of the diaper phase. Not sure why I'm so hesitant... Maybe it's because I'm so extremely tired having two kids now that adding one more thing into the pot seems overwhelming. Who knows! Good luck with Paul. ;)

      Delete