Friday, February 3, 2012

Something Out of Nothing

My husband and I have been together for 13 years and he STILL manages to surprise me.  When it comes to my cooking style I am very much a recipe follower.  Even if I have cooked something over and over again, I will still refer to the recipe card.  I only have one signature dish that I am able to make from scratch without looking.  My psychological diagnosis for this is that I am afraid of taking risks.  I don't trust myself.  I am working on that every day...

 My husband is the opposite.  He can make something out of nothing and it always turns out great!  Case in point, last night's dinner:

Me: I guess we can't make tuna melts anymore.  We are out of mayo. Wanna have left overs?

Hubby: Give me ten minutes.  I'm gonna make mayo!

Me: W-W-W-WHAT!!

(ten minutes later)
Hubby: There you go! Homemade mayo.

Me: (after picking my jaw off the ground) Wow! Nice work!  Julia Child would be proud. :)

It may seem like no big deal to you.  But to me it is amazing. It is brilliant. It is even couragous.  Where there was none, now there is some!

No comments:

Post a Comment