When Molly with NatureBox asked me to review a discovery box of their delicious snacks, I was 9 months pregnant and quickly said, "Hells-to-the-Yeah!"
I shoveled each and every snack ravenously into my pie hole and then failed to do my review because, you know, I went into labor. WOMP.
So here we are 7 months later (sorry, Molly!) and I'm now ready to share my love for all things NatureBox!
NatureBox is a subscription service which offers the ability to discover and enjoy healthy snacks on a monthly basis. Their products are made from wholesome ingredients and abide by strict quality standards:
- No high fructose corn syrup
- No partially hydrogenated oils
- No trans fats
- No artificial sweeteners
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial colors
The first box is packed with a surprise "discovery" selection of the most popular products and you get to choose your snacks for subsequent boxes.
You can click here to visit their website and learn more about the variety of boxes offered. The sample I was provided with was called the Summer Celebration and included:
|South Pacific Plantains|
- Tart & Tangy Fruit Medley - Dried cranberries and dried apple bits. These were delicious and 2 year old Little C LOVED them!
- Cherry Crumble Granola - This is a soft baked granola so it isn't crunchy like you may be used to. It was so flavorful and the dried cherries were soft, tart and perfect!
- South Pacific Plantains - These were by far my favorite snack in the bunch. They were crispy, salty and had a hint of sweetness. So stinking good!
|Mango Almond Bites|
- Mango Almond Bites - These were hearty but not in a way that weighs you down. They were good in the sense that you could have a few and be satisfied for a while. You would think by looking at them that they'd be hard and crispy but they were actually really light and pleasant to bite into. I hate when things are super sticky and too crunchy and will stick to your teeth, these were not that way.
- Tuscan Summer Mix - This was a medley of mixed nuts, seeds and dried fruit spiced with savory Italian seasonings. This was probably my second favorite of the bunch and I put them on salads or just had handfuls on its own. Flippin' delish!
Overall I was very impressed. The resealable packages the snacks came in were convenient to throw in my work bag, diaper bag, etc. The variety of salty, sweet and savory snacks can please any palette and each snack truly was delicious.
The concept of the healthy snacking is a good one. I like to have three solid meals a day and have a mid-morning and late afternoon snack to keep my metabolism going. This was also a good habit for me when I was pregnant. Snacking kept my nausea at bay in the early stages of pregnancy and kept me from getting HANGRY in the later stages. I think this idea of a snack subscription would be a great gift for an expectant mama because they are healthy and the wholesome ingredients would be good for both mom and baby.
Even if you aren't pregnant this snack subscription is a great way to make healthy choices and enjoy doing it! The concept is simple and getting set-up is a snap! The monthly subscription is $19.95 per month for five snack bags and there are even larger orders for an increased price available.
Now for the fun part! Molly and NatureBox are going to provide one of you with a FREE discovery box to see for yourself how delicious and nutritious their snacks are. All you have to do is leave a comment here stating what your all-time favorite snack is by Thursday at midnight. I will pick a winner at random on Friday, July 19th and email the winner.
Also, if you are interested in signing up you can use the code HEALTHY50 to receive your 1st box (any size!) for 50% off!
**You will receive a different box than the one I reviewed. Also, at this time they are unable to customize promotional NatureBoxes for specific dietary needs or personal preferences. Lastly, NatureBox can only ship to US addresses.
Good luck and happy snacking!