I can't believe it's May already! It is probably my favorite month of all. The fact that it's my birthday month miiiiiight have something to do with it. ;)
May is also the busiest month it seems. Mother's Day, graduations, Little C friend birthday parties, my birthday, my mom's birthday, Memorial Day and our wedding anniversary! So much to celebrate!
I did pretty darn good with last month's goals. I still have not had a month where I've hit everything I set out to do but I'm still enjoying this monthly exercise. Here's the recap:
2) Schedule my Series 6 class: This did not happen but not because of my efforts. I had to wait for my boss to confirm with his boss on how I'm supposed to get this class paid for. I was just told yesterday how to go about it and I had asked at the beginning of April. Oh well, on to May's goals with this one!
3) Do 10 real push ups: Not on my knees, no stopping and with good form. DONE!!! You are going to have to take my word on this one but I promise I can now do 10 "real" push ups. At the beginning of April I would have to stop at 4. FOUR! But I stayed diligent and by the third week I was up to 8 and it wasn't until the last week that I hit 10! My strength is really improving thanks to my workouts and I loved having a goal like this to measure progress.
4) Spring clean the back yard: The goal here was to remove all the dead "stuff" and clean up our space. DONE! However, I have to give 90% of the credit to Hubs on this one. He did almost all of the heavy lifting but I did help out some. Regardless it is done and now I'm looking forward planting!
Now on to May!
1) Schedule my Series 6 class: If this is not done by the end of this month, I am the world's biggest failure.
2) Lose 5 lbs. - It's crunch time, people. Our trip to the beach is only two months away and while I'm making steady progress I still feel far from where I want to be. At this point I feel it's all diet related so I'm really going to focus on healthier eating habits.
3) Do ten sets on each side of these moves:
I'm not sure if I'm lacking the arm strength or the core strength for these side planks, but they are very difficult for me. They look so simple but I really do struggle with getting through them in my routines. I haven't hit 10 on each side, I'm probably at 3-4. Plus all the other planking I'm doing leaves my wrists pretty shot. Anyone know a way to strengthen wrists?
What are your goals for the month? Is May a busy month for you as well?