Monday, February 2, 2015

February Goals


Did January fly by for you as well? It seriously was a blink of an eye! 

I have to give myself some major pats on the back for my first round of monthly goals. I am loving this concept because it motivated me to stick with my plan and tackle everything on the list. Here's a recap:
  1. Finish reading Gone Girl - Done. I finished reading this on Friday (I was cutting it close) AND watched the movie that night. I was so very disappointed! In my humble opinion, worst ending to a book ever! Plus, since it took me for-ev-er to actually read the dang thing, imagine my displeasure when the ending didn't feel at all worth it. Oh, well. I thought the movie was done well but knowing how it was going to end was hard. I made Hubs watch it with me and let's just say he was also not impressed. 
  2. Lose 5 lbs - Done. This was a challenge. My weight would fluctuate day-to-day and we don't have the most accurate scale at home. In fact I tried to go a bit past the 5 lb mark just to make absolute sure I got there. But nonetheless, I did it!
  3. Exercise at least 3 times a week - So close. The first week was only twice. Crazy work schedule and crazy life schedule got in the way. But the rest of the weeks I killed it! I even woke up super early one day knowing I wouldn't get to workout at work and squeezed in a Jillian Michaels DVD. There is nothing harder than a 5:30am Jillian Michaels workout. She is good!
So for February here's what I'm after:
  1. Get an accurate scale. Self explanatory. 
  2. Lose 5 lbs. Also, self explanatory. Although to keep the initial 5 off then lose another, is making me a bit nervous. But the beach wedding in July is motivating me to keep at it!
  3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Can't stop, won't stop.
  4. Get through my Series 6 study guide. I have to take (and pass) this test for my role at the new job. If you're in the Financial Services industry then you know what this is. I'm going to shoot for taking the test at the end of March. If you're not in the Financial Services industry then you're lucky that you don't have to take this test! This one isn't the hardest out there but it is a bear, and while retaining the information is something I'm not worried about, it's the exam itself I'm dreading. Test anxiety like whoa. But I now officially have ten years of industry experience so I'm hoping this won't be too huge of a deal. 
Wish me luck! What are your goals for the month? 

1 comment:

  1. These are great and I'm so impressed with FIVE pounds in one month! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete