Thursday, January 8, 2015

January Goals

One of my very fav bloggers, and a friend from high school, does a post at the start of every month where she lists out her goals. I've always enjoyed reading them so I have decided to shamelessly steal this concept and do it myself.

So, behold. My first installment!



Since I'm just kick-starting this whole "monthly goals thing" I wanted to keep it simple and attainable. My January goals are as follows:

  1. Finish reading Gone Girl. You guys, I seriously have been reading this for an embarrassingly long amount of time. I am thoroughly enjoying it but can never seem to carve out time to make serious headway. If I have down time I'd much rather relax on the couch under a cozy blanket and watch TV. So this goal is kind of twofold... finish the book and by proxy, read more.  
  2. Lose 5 lbs. Yes, I know it is totally cliche this time of year but I really need to do it this time. We have a family vacation planned in July to the beach and I really want to be in a good place by then. I'm starting with a lose 5 lbs a month goal and I'll probably tailor this a bit as I go. Eating healthier and regular exercise is how I intend to make this happen. Which brings me to goal #3...
  3. Exercise at least three times a week. We have a gym at work so I intend to do most of my workouts over my lunch breaks and already have one under my belt so far this week. I would have more but meetings popped up yesterday and again today so I'm going to have to get creative outside of the work hours to make sure I stay active and hit this goal.
What are your goals for the month?  

1 comment: