Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day Recap

Did you have a good weekend? I know it's Tuesday but since I had President's day off, today is my Monday. But it's better than a Monday because it's really Tuesday! #captainobvious

Anywho, I had a really great three-day weekend. I think it helped that Valentine's Day was on Saturday and we were able to do some fun things with the kids. We weren't able to secure a sitter for an adult night out, apparently all the grandparents have lives of their own with adult plans of there own. Can you believe it?!?! Of course it was not a big deal at all and we spent the national day of love at home with our sweeties. 

I purchased the kids some simple little gifts which they loved. I hit up Target and was able to get everything for about $20 total! The red fox and cute little hedgehog were the big winners. I love how my kids are still at the age where a simple stuffed animal makes them smile! Plus, Little Miss keeps referring to her hedgehog as a "porcupine" which is all kinds of adorable. 


I made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast then we headed off to the park to meet up with some friends. We spent a solid three hours playing outside which made for two worn out kids ready for solid naps. Hubs and I watched House of Cards (we're almost done with season 2) and were able to rest ourselves. 


Then we capped things off with heart-shaped pizzas to keep up with our food theme of the day.


Dinner was followed by a family movie (The Croods) and strawberry milkshakes! It truly was an awesome little day. I genuinely love getting the kids little surprises as well as taking the time to make the heart-shaped food. It wasn't necessary in the slightest but it is something as a Mommy that makes me incredibly happy to do. 

Did you have a good Valentine's Day? A good weekend? Do you enjoy the fun little details for holidays with your kids? 

2 comments:

  1. We had the exact same Valentine's!! Hotwheels? Check. Heart pizza? Check. The Croods? Check!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop it!!! That is too funny! Did you like the movie? I thought it was super cute. :)

      Delete