Wednesday, August 8, 2018

I cried big, fat tears.

This week Little C started 2nd grade, and Lil Miss Mayhem started Kindergarten! I don't even care how cliche it may sound but... where has the time gone?!?


I'm so happy to report that both kids were more excited than nervous and even little sis walked into her new school with confidence and a huge smile!



The hubs and I are so proud of these two and we are so excited for their school journey this year. We truly are happy and excited so it always catches me off guard when it also feels sad. Nothing about the morning, or school, or 2nd grade or Kindergarten is sad, but the feelings of time moving too fast, and of them getting so big just washed over me and I cried big, fat tears.

Of course, they are both going to do great, my rational mind knows that wholeheartedly. It's just at times like these I either want time to freeze and keep them 7 and 5 forever, or I want to go back in time to rocking them to sleep in their dimly lit room with plump cheeks and leg rolls and just breathe them in.

I'm getting emotional just typing this so I should probably end this post. Today was a happy day after all and while my mama heart strings are being pulled quite hard, I am grateful on so many levels.



Go get 'em, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment