Friday, July 12, 2013

#12ThingsILoveAboutMe

I recently approached one of my favorite healthy living bloggers, Caitlin, about a topic that is near and dear to my heart. Caitlin is behind two amazing blogs, Healthy Tipping Point and Operation Beautiful. Her message struck a chord with me when I was struggling with self-loathing. Remember this post?

I instantly LOVED the message behind Operation Beautiful and man, oh man, do I wish something like that existed when I was 13 years old. 

I've also mentioned on here before that my pregnancy with P-Nut has literally changed my life in more ways than the obvious one. Having a "surprise" baby really threw me for a loop and forced me to deal with some inner "demons" that I've been struggling with for so long. 

One of those struggles has always been my body image, self confidence, and self acceptance. In short, I haven't loved myself for as long as I can remember. I can't pin-point why or trace back to an instance in my life that I can recall to make me feel this way, it just became the norm.

But lately there has been a shift. I still struggle at times, and possibly always will, but I am making some progress. I don't know if it is because I now have a daughter and I so desperately want to be a good example for her, or if it was just time for me to get over it and start living my life comfortably and not always uptight and worried about what others will think of me. 

Whatever the reason, I wanted to start appreciating myself more and I though by putting out there in to the world what I love about myself without any shame, would make me feel better. Being proud of what makes us unique and beautiful can be really hard for someone who doesn't feel worthy. But we are ALL worthy of feeling beautiful in our own special way and truly believing it! My idea allows us shout it from the roof tops!

Click here to read about the concept and then it will be your turn! Be proud of who you are. You are beautiful and we all know it... It's time that you do too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment