Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Rabbit, rabbit

Did you know there is a superstition out there that repeating the word "rabbit" out loud when you wake up on the first day of the month ensures good luck? I'm not a very superstitious person but I thought it was a fun little fact!

I may not be superstitious but I am feeling super inspired this morning. It's a new month and I'm hopeful for a new beginning, new mindset, new focus, new intentions, and new results.

Honestly, I've been struggling a lot lately with a number of things... Motivation, self love, turning to external "things" to "fix" my internal voids. None of it has been healthy. But after feeling like the bottom dropped out, I find myself back on a healthy track both mentally and physically. I have a lovely therapist whom I trust and we do what I call, "soul work" on a weekly basis. I turn to yoga which feeds both my mental and physical wellness and I've been more mindful about the foods I'm eating to keep me feeling nourished and energized. I get outside during the day whenever possible as sunshine and vitamin D are wonderful things!

I continue to practice gratitude journaling, free journaling, and I'm even doing a bit of meditation right now. I bring all of this up because I know first hand how it feels to be overwhelmed, lost, even depressed and these are the tools that have helped me tremendously.

In addition to these tools, there's also my rock... my husband. His unconditional love and support as I navigate this season of my life (and prior seasons as well) has meant more to me than he could possibly know. When I'm not at my healthiest mentally, it is not pretty and I get equal parts tenderness and tough love from my man when I need it most.

So, if you are reading this and not feeling like yourself in any capacity, I encourage you to start looking inward and doing the soul work. What do you need? Who can you ask for help? Go for a walk, read a book, write down your thoughts, get outside, call a friend or family member. Just start somewhere and stop simply getting through each day. Doesn't living each day to it's fullest sound better to you?


I have a long way to go myself, but I'm progressing and that's all that matters. Are all bad days and turbulence behind me? Probably not, but all I know is that I woke up this morning more motivated and inspired than I have felt in a long time, and I'm going with it. My goals won't achieve themselves and I'm tired of wishing for change instead of just doing the damn thing!

August 1st felt like the perfect "day one" of something new. Heck, I even started a photo challenge on Instagram and posted a selfie, which I haven't done in a while. Mostly because I haven't been feeling like my-selfie. Ha!! See what I did there. ::winky face::

Rabbit, rabbit, friends. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment